Monday 20 January 2014

Downton Abbey look 2014 ....


For those who follow me on my Facebook page and Instagram  already know that I'm a big fan of the series Downton Abbey.
Not only because it's featured in my beloved country England but also my fascination for the clothes worn in the series.
For that matter I really think I'm born to late because I love the fashion from that time so very much!

This last Christmas I received a lovely present (after some hints) from my sons which is very close to the "Downton Abbey look" for me.
This is the gift what did start my search for more "downton clothing" ....


This blouse from Zara with a white collar with tiny pearls


There are several characteristics of the clothes from that time as lace and shimmery fabrics. Outfits with embellishment, embroidery and dresses with exquisite beaded necklines ....




Zara appears to have many similarities in their new collection with fashion related at that time, but then translated into fashion nowadays.
Just look at these dresses and blouses with lace and translucent details....


from left to right: blouse with cut work yoke , lace dress ,
 
t-shirt with lace detail , polka dot sheer blouse ,
 
combined embroidered top ,
 
combined lace top ,studio silk dress ,  studio lattice top .


But I also love the skirts with their high waistline, the special details and line of the collars. The comfortable cardigans and the occasional glitter here and there ....




Also this can be found at Zara with a link to the present, such as trousers with a high waistline ....


from left to right: sequined t-shirt , studio double buckle trousers ,
 v-neck blouse , mermaid skirt , top with beaded neck ,
long wraparound cardigan , two-tone jacquard jacket ,
jacquard trousers with buckle , top with faux leather cuffs .


And last but not least, all those lovely accessories such as the hairbands, pearls, hats, purses, gloves and shoes ....




What made my search very easy is that vintage is a hot item in fashion these days so it wasn't hard to find similar items in the current collection ....


From left to right: straw hat H&M , black shoes Zalando ,
 beaded necklace H&M ,gloves Zalando ,  jewel belt Zara ,
pattern crochet headband ,vintage Edwardian crocheted purse ,
 white shoes Zalando , beige shoes Zalando , hairband H&M ,
  bracelets H&M , necklace Zara , grey shoes Zalando , wool hat H&M .

I've gained enough inspiration for the new season so I would say.... roll on Spring!

Thanks for joining me and have a lovely week!
Anita xo

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, there are some nice items here ... love the high waisted trousers and sheer black pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been a Downton Abbey fan from the beginning. I am love the accessories that you have here. I used to have similar shoes...even my wedding shoes were vintage in style. I loved them so much but they unfortunetly got mold in our last home and I had to toss them(with tears) I wanted to keep them forever but they were covered and there was no way to save them :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anita, I LOVE this style so well! It is so classy and fits you very well indeed! xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. another downton abbey fan here! my son gave me the dvd collection for Christmas ♥ love the style mosaics you've created ... of course, with Ralph Lauren being the costume designer, how could they be anything but fabulous :-)
    looking forward to tonight's episode!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the blouse, Anita! Downton Abbey is a lovely programme, I'm not usually a fan of period dramas, but love this one. Thanks for popping over to Thriftwood, you're always welcome xxx

    ReplyDelete