Monday 6 January 2014

How to start a new year....

First of all I want to wish you a very happy New Year, hope it brings all you wished for!

For myself, I'd be happy with something similar as last year, because I can look back on a good year.
Not even talking about the wonderful summer we've had last year, I also wouldn't mind doing that all over again.
That's one of the reasons I can't wait for Spring, when the sun regains his strength and nature awakens.
Maybe that's the reason why, as soon as the Christmas tree is out the door, I want to surround myself with bulbs.
So the first thing I did , after cleaning up the decorations on new years day, was strait off to the garden centre!
Besides some new indoor plants I came home with beautiful fragrant daffodils and hyacinths.


I love how the sunlight comes in and light up the house although it's still cold outside, as here in the bay window....




One of my good intentions could (or rather should) have been to slow down a little and not always be in a hurry.
Because in my haste I often drop something in pieces. But on the other hand it offers new fun useful things, though I'm convinced my husband thinks otherwise.
In any case, the teapot of which the lid was broken while I dropped it got a beautiful new destination.
And it all has to do with this lovely daffodil ....



Tadah ....




If only you could smell the scent ....






I couldn't wish for a better start of a new year, hope you've had too!
Have a good year .... have a good week!

Anita xo

6 comments:

  1. Haooy New Year! Anita, wishing you all the best for 2014 x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What keeps me going after the holiday season is looking forward to gardening and sunshine! Happy New Year Anita! xoxo Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in good company then.... happy New Year to you too Jen! Anita xo

      Delete
  3. how absolutely beautiful ~ I LOVE the 1st photo ...gorgeous!
    daffs & hyacinths in January just seem to belong ♥
    have a wonderful weekend Anita.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb...have a wonderful weekend too! Anita xo

      Delete