Tuesday 2 April 2013

Easter and chocolate cake....

Hope you've had a nice Easter. Mine was busy with my work, a nasty cold and our son his new flat!
The first son to leave the parental home...
And yes, I'm thrilled for him but it also makes me feel a little sad.

So time for some therapeutic baking. Not only to get my mind of things but it's a festive moment, receiving the keys of your (first) own home.... so cake was required!

I baked a chocolate cake, after all it's scientifically proven that chocolate makes people happy ;-)

You will need:

375g chocolate (at least 70% cacao) in pieces
225g butter in lumps
6 eggs
200-225g cane sugar
2 tablespoons mix for spiced cookies
icing

Here is how I've done it:

Melt the chocolate with the butter in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Stir until melted.
Mix the eggs together with the cane sugar to an light and fluffy substance and then the mix for spiced cookies  through it.
Stir the mixture gently through the chocolate mixture. Don't stir to much because it should be just mixed.
Scoop the mixture in a greased (and some flavour to prevent sticking) baking tin of approximately 24 centimetre diameter and bake in 20-24 minutes just done in a preheated oven at 180 degrees.
Let the cake cool down in the tin and sprinkle with icing before serving.




Hope you'll enjoy my "recipe for some happiness"... it worked for me!

Have a nice week,
Anita xo

No comments:

Post a Comment